7 Ways to Create Better Content Than Your Competitor
If you’ve found the benefits of content marketing, chances are that your competitors have, too. Your job as a marketing manager is to ensure that your content is better than your competitors. It needs to be more engaging, interesting, well-written, and precise than what your competitors are putting out.
This is difficult to achieve, especially if your competitors have top-notch content. And, chances are that you are writing on a lot of the same topics because you’re in the same industry. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t also have awesome, original content. You might just need to work a little harder for it.
We’ve put together a list of tips and considerations you should use when you think about creating content for your site.
- Give your content personality: One of the best ways to make your content more readable and digestible has nothing to do with formatting: it has to do with the tone in which you deliver your content. Think about the tone of your company and inject some personality into your piece to give readers a feel for your company culture.
- Don’t shy away from making it long: Did your competitor glaze over a topic on a blog post that you know you could write more on? Keep writing! The more extensive and in-depth your post is, the better. Readers will notice and appreciate explanations that go into detail.
- Create different kinds of content: Do your competitors frequently write only blogs? Try creating an infographic or video to add to your site. New mediums will engage your audience in exciting ways.
- Make it more readable: Accessibility is a huge issue when putting together content. Larger fonts and imagery that breaks up the content will help your content stand out.
- Do a little digging: How are your competitors engaging with audiences? Are they using social media? How are they using it? And is it getting engagement? Before diving into new content marketing initiatives, you should know how your competitors are handling content and find out what is working and what doesn’t work for them.
- Have regular brainstorming sessions: Brainstorming is one of the best ways to come up with new and innovative ideas for your business, and this includes blogging. One of the easiest ways to stand out from the competition is to write on topics that your competition hasn’t covered yet. Brainstorming will surely bring forth new ideas that will differentiate your content from the rest.
- Eliminate kinks: Before publishing your content, make sure that it has a shortened URL, optimize your image file sizes, and add social sharing buttons. Polishing your piece of content will help the reader want to stay on the page.
Content is the foundation of inbound marketing, and creating great content is a great way to attract visitors to your site. However, taking notes from your competitors can help you engage leads further and create the best content you can. In a busy online market, it’s important to distinguish yourself from the competition. By following our tips, your content will be original, readable, and extensive.